We will resume two services this Sunday to provide the best options for you to attend in person: 9am & 10:30am.
We continue to encourage at-risk individuals to stay home, and for anyone feeling sick or directly exposed to Covid to stay home as well.
All social distancing and masking protocols remain in effect. Thank you.
Church family, there will be just one service tomorrow, at 10:30am. There will be no 9am service.
This is due to a surge in Covid cases, with a couple of large clans already quarantining (Tolivers and Griffis)... not because of fear, but out of concern for those more at-risk. We recommend that those at greater risk consider staying home. Thanks to Matt Williamson for preaching and Dustan Ingenthron for leading music.
All social distancing and masking protocols remain in effect. Thank you.
We, the elders of Branson Bible Church, do not feel in good conscience according to biblical grounds that the mask ordinance is an occasion to contradict the requirements of our governing authorities (Rom. 13:1-7). Rather, we believe we are obeying God by obeying them as long as we can. At such point we conclude that said authorities are indeed causing us to sin by interfering with our ability to walk in obedience to God, we are prepared to continue obeying our Lord rather than men.
As members of this church family, we request that you humbly submit and follow our lead in this regard.
As a visitor, please take into account this ordinance from the City of Branson.
Here is a copy of the city ordinance: Ordinance 2020-0072.pdf
As Governor Mike Parson has requested that citizens of our state continue Phase 1 of reopening through June 15, we will continue to have two services at least through that date.
9:00AM Worship Service for at-risk individuals (whether it be age or other factors), and those who are taking extra precaution (ie., maybe because you live and work with others who are at-risk).
10:30AM Worship Service for the remainder of our church family, still following social distancing guidelines.
Once more information is given concerning any type of Phase 2, we'll determine if we continue with two services, etc. Until further notice, then, we will also not be having any Wednesday evening activities. Thank you for your patience.
See below for further details concerning how we aim to socially distance at services. (Update Saturday 5/16/2020)
Plans for Resuming On-site Corporate Worship
Summary of Major Steps:
Step 1- Two Sunday Services: 9:00am & 10:45am - Worship Service only; Social Distancing
Step 2- Two Sunday Services continue; Small Groups; Relaxed social distancing
Step 3- Return to One Worship Service; Sunday School, Youth Group, Nursery restarted; No social distancing restrictions
Here are a few procedures to promote safety: (At least during the early steps)
- Please sit with your family and keep your children with you before and after the service
- Keep at least 6 feet between your family(ies) and others
- Hand sanitizer provided at entrance and exit
- No handshakes or hugs
- For those who prefer it, please feel free to wear a mask
- Please limit fellowship inside the building
- Dismiss by rows like we do at weddings and funerals
- Avoid gathering to fellowship unless you are outside
- Please stay home and listen to our service online if you are or have been sick recently
- Pray that each one in our fellowship will demonstrate kindness, love, reasonableness and patience with others in the fellowship as well as with visitors while we navigate these waters in which we have never before been.
Explanation of Step 1 beginning May 31
Step 1- Two Services: 9:00am & 10:45am; Worship Service only; Social Distancing
- The first service will be primarily for at-risk individuals, allowing for increased spacing and less children.
- The second service will be largely for families or those at less risk. Families will remain in family units with all children staying with a parent or guardian.
- There will be no Sunday School or Wednesday night programs.
- Social distancing will be observed as closely as possible, and we strongly recommend wearing a mask unless you are seated in the auditorium or are up on stage.
Branson Bible Family,
We are thankful our state and city are beginning the process of progressively opening things up, with the eventual goal of returning to normalcy. The following is an update on our plans so far, subject to change, concerning Sundays, midweek ministries, and small groups.
Please contact Jeff and Rich directly with any questions and concerns you may have, and we will be happy to talk with you.
- We have a team continuing to assess the feasibility of gathering together at our campus, but as of right now it is difficult to see a reasonable way to do so under the restrictions of this Phase 1. We will update you immediately if we alter plans based on new information.
- Instead of attempting to gather under current restrictions on campus, we will continue to provide on-demand songs and sermons from our series in Luke for you to worship online at home.
- Weekend Worship continues to be available to you on our website and YouTube channel.
Our Campus and Midweek Ministries
- Our church facility will remain closed to any large gatherings, but will continue to safely conduct other business under social distancing guidelines.
- Midweek ministries of any form remain on hold until social distancing becomes less restrictive.
- Youth Ministry is meeting via Zoom on Wed nights. See their Facebook page and follow them on Remind. For those with younger kids, we encourage you to continue family devotions and use our handouts for kids on Sundays (provided each week for Worship Online on our website).
- While our regular discipleship groups will continue only meeting through online means, it is now possible to consider how you can get together in much smaller numbers, as wisdom permits. (An example might be to invite a single person or two to your home to join the family worship, since they are likely more isolated than others during this time.)
- Please take special care to be considerate of at-risk groups and to give one another grace in differing opinions on what is safe and wise.
Thank you for your patience as your church leaders navigate what has been a challenging time (but an opportunity for spiritual growth) for all of us. We're thankful to the Lord for the privilege to be his people and to love and serve one another in community!
As we've previously stated, our church family will continue to submit to the guidelines being set by our federal, state, and local leaders. The goal is not only to be a good testimony as we obey our earthly authorities (and so obey our Heavenly Father), but also to genuinely model the heart of Christ for putting others above ourselves. This contagious virus is dangerous for certain at-risk groups, and while we trust God's timing and control over our very lives, we do not want to be party to community spread and unnecessarily putting people's lives at risk. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Here are a couple of highlights from the latest bulletin from our local government, and a link to the full document:
"Effective immediately, upon signing, Bill No. 5806 will prohibit planned or spontaneous events with 10 or more people. This bill will also prohibit businesses from exceeding 25% of their occupant load in enclosed public places. This will have the effect of making sure appropriate social distance guidelines can be met."
"This ordinance will sunset when the emergency proclamation of the Mayor expires, which is currently set to expire May 15, 2020."
Link to alert from the City of Branson
One thing that we hope encourages you is that we are making significant progress in providing a BBC church family worship service online for you to use in your home on Sunday. See the instructions below for the ways you can access it.
Instructions for Accessing Online Services
At Branson Bible Church, we have done our best to make accessing our online worship services as easy as possible. You can find our services three ways: Facebook, YouTube, and our website. We have provided instructions below on how to locate our services on each platform.
BransonBible.com (Our Website):
1) Go to www.bransonbible.com
2) Scroll down to the center of our home page
3) Click the "Worship Online with Us" button, and you will automatically be re-directed to a page with our online worship service
4) If you'd like to follow a more traditional order of service with your family, watch the videos in order, starting with the "Call to Worship" video, then singing along with the two lyric videos we have provided, watching the message, and finally closing up with a final song. If you'd prefer to just view the message, feel free to skip directly to that video!
1) Go to www.youtube.com or open the YouTube app on your Apple TV, Roku, or other streaming device.
2) In the top center of your screen, type "Branson Bible Church" in the search bar.
3) Click on the first result that pops up, which will be our channel.
4) Click on our most recent upload for our latest sermon, or on the sermon you're interested in viewing, and the video will automatically begin playing.
Note: If you haven't already subscribed to our channel, we'd love it if you'd consider doing so now, so that you can easily access all of our future videos!
1) Go to www.facebook.com
2) In the top left corner, search "Branson Bible Church"
3) Click on the first result that pops up, which will be our Facebook page
4) Scroll down through our feed to the most recent sermon
5) Click on the link with our most recent sermon, and you will automatically be re-directed to YouTube
6) Grab some popcorn, and enjoy :-)
Note: If you have not yet liked our Facebook page, we recommend doing so now, so that you will not miss any important future updates!
I'm deeply thankful for your unity and patience in handling this unique situation that is not only affecting us but so many people around the world. And we can be genuinely grateful that we as believers can trust the Lord with all things and that we are privileged to serve our communities in the coming days to think of others above ourselves by following the guidelines of our governing authorities for minimizing community spread of the virus.
Click here to read our original post: BBC COVID-19 Response.pdf
Yesterday we announced in our regular service that we have enacted Level Two of our previous protocol, which means that all services are suspended for at least the next two weeks. (We said that we would not be meeting in person at our facility either the 22nd or the 29th, at the very least. This includes cancellation of mid-week services and other activities at church.)
As of late yesterday, the US Health Department has updated information on mass gatherings (with Missouri Gov. Mike Parsons supporting the measures) to not have meetings of more than 50 people for the next 8 weeks. They continue to increasingly implore at-risk individuals (those over 60 and with underlying conditions) to take extra precaution by staying home as much as possible.
This may seem difficult, but we aim to follow their guidelines as well as get creative with ways that we might not only share sermons online but also encourage interaction with our church family. Please be sure that you are following our Facebook activity (facebook.com/BransonBibleChurch) and receive text updates (using Remind: to the number 81010, text @bbcpray50). In the coming days we will increasingly be sharing information for how you can participate in online activities for our church community.
I'm praying with you for health and safety and for our community and nation's economy during this time. I'm praying even more for us to grow spiritually, that we will possibly connect with one another in ways we haven't in the past, and that God will give us unique opportunities to share the gospel in a time when people will be searching for answers.
Honored to be your servant,